The Don and Sally-Alice Thompson Veterans for Peace Chapter #63 meets monthly.
5:30-8 PM on the 2nd Monday of each month at the Albuquerque Center for Peace and Justice, 202 Harvard SE, Albuquerque, NM 87106.
Peace at Home, Peace Abroad
Veterans For Peace is an international organization made up of military veterans, military family members, and allies. We are dedicated to building a culture of peace, exposing the true costs of war, and healing the wounds of war. Our network is made up of over 120 chapters across the United States and abroad.
Statement of Purpose:
We, having dutifully served our nation, do hereby affirm our greater responsibility to serve the cause of world peace. To this end we will work, with others:
- To increase public awareness of the costs of war
- To restrain our government from intervening, overtly and covertly, in the internal affairs of other nations
- To end the arms race and to reduce and eventually eliminate nuclear weapons
- To seek justice for veterans and victims of war
- To abolish war as an instrument of national policy.
To achieve these goals, members of Veterans For Peace pledge to use non-violent means and to maintain an organization that is both democratic and open with the understanding that all members are trusted to act in the best interests of the group for the larger purpose of world peace.
Veterans from any branch of military service are invited to join.